- All innovations
- Supplying Energy
- Solar 8
- WoodRoll technology
- Fuel Cell Systems
- Solar Safe Water System
- Renergi technology
- Integrated Bio-Methane Plant
- Vertical-Axis Wind Turbines
- Clear Water Energy Technology
- The Ice-Stick Heat Pump
- Borehole Thermal Energy Storage (BTES)
- BioUrja - Low cost dry anaerobic digester
- Biomass Oil Fuel (BOF)
- Efficient and Clean Use of Renewable Energy
- Energy Access: Prepaid DC micro grid by BOOND
- Energy generation: Converting low temperature heat to electricity by Climeon
- Heat superconducting material and related products
- Intelligent Solar Tracking System Technology. Developed by: Huangshan Runsol New Energy
- Large-scale thermal energy storage. Developed by: EnergyNest
- Offering solar energy below grid parity by Solnet Green Energy
- Optimus (Smart PV Optimiser)
- Power bank for grid storage
- Small and flexible concentrated solar power by Heliolab
- Solar PV Optimizing Inverter
- Turning waste heat into energy. Developed by: Againity
- Using algae to enhance solar energy. Developed by: Swedish Algae Factory
- Wave Bouy for Ocean Power
- Energy Access
Fuel cell systems produce electricity by transforming hydrogen so that it can react with oxygen to release large amounts of energy. This energetic reaction takes place between flow plates - one of the most critical and costly parts of a fuel cell system.
Morphic’s technology makes it possible to manufacture these flow plates at much lower cost, much faster, and at higher quality. Instead of milling the flow fields onto the plates, a pattern is created by exposing the plates to a very high dynamic pressure for a fraction of a second.
The advantages? Production time per plate is reduced dramatically, while the possibility of accomplishing significantly finer resolution details in the plate pattern contributes to a more efficient energetic flow.
Due to long lifespan, low eco-impact, and superior energy exchange, fuel cells can complement and replace fossil fuels, nuclear power, and batteries, in applications ranging from industries and buildings to vehicles and portable electronics.
Morphic has designed a system that includes its flow plates, providing an entirely new way to convert, store, and use energy from renewable resources. A basic tenet of current electricity generation is that all power that is produced has to be used immediately; excess capacity cannot be stored.
Fuel cells emit no pollution -- their only byproducts are heat and water. In addition, efficiency is significantly higher than for conventional energy converters, roughly 60%, compared to a combustion engine, 25%.
With Morphic lower-cost, higher efficiency flow plates, fuels cells can help replace fossil fuels in the transportation sector, which generates 5.6 billion tons of carbon dioxide annually. Morphic is aiming high to reach a big segment of the market based on our core technologies.
Morphic’s technology makes fuel cells more competitive by delivering better flow plates at lower cost. The company has started sales of their energy system to key customers -- telecommunications hubs in inaccessible areas, back-up power for hospitals and care centres, food storage, as well as power for off-grid communities.
Close to two billion people lack access to the grid, have unreliable supply, or rely entirely on local diesel generators. Morphic will begin to target nations with poor grid infrastructure, for example, aid projects that electrify important units in health care and food and water supply. Their energy system can also be scaled to electrify other aspects in a community and support expansion of telecommunications and IP-traffic.
Morphic Technologies designs and manufactures complete fuel cell and related products as well as towers to wind power mills. The company is headquartered in Sweden and has offices outside Sweden in Greece, Italy, Switzerland, Japan and the United States. The Group has about 150 employees. Martin Valfridsson is CEO; Mattias Klintemar is CFO; and Staffan Ahlberg is Chairman of the Board.
Group of companies with multiple areas of operation within environmentally friendly energy systems
The climate innovation:
Cost effective production of flow plates for fuel cells and an innovative system for decentralized renewable energy production
- 12 000 000 tons of CO2/yr
Johannes Fall, Director of Investory Relations
|+46 [0)586 673 90|
691 51 Karlskoga